If you have ten minutes, you have time to make this truffle pasta!
This dish is
Here’s what you’ll need
Pasta: that’s a given. Feel free to use any kind of pasta you’d like!
Mushrooms: for added texture and umami flavor
Coconut Milk: for the sauce base. You can use unsweetened and unflavored plant milk if you’d prefer, but it won’t be quite as rich.
Nutritional Yeast: for a “cheesy” flavor.
Garlic: for extra flavor.
21 Seasoning (from Trader Joe’s): for added seasoning. If you can’t get your hands on this, any salt-free, all-purpose seasoning should work.
Oil: to fry the mushrooms. This is optional, of course!
Truffle Powder: the star of the show. I used Trader Joe’s brand.
Miso Paste: for an added “cheesy” flavor
Tapioca Starch: to thicken the sauce. You can sub this for all-purpose flour, but there’s something about tapioca starch that provides a sticky, gooey type consistency that closely mimics cheese.
How to make 10-Minute Truffle Pasta
Fry the mushrooms
Begin by adding oil to a pan over medium-high heat, and once it’s hot, add the mushrooms. Fry them up for about 3-4 minutes or until they are slightly golden, then add the garlic and turn down the heat to medium-low. Stir often to prevent the garlic from burning and cook for about 5 more minutes. By this time, the mushrooms should release a decent amount of their moisture and shrink.
Cook the pasta
This one is simple. Bring water to a boil, and cook the desired pasta shape as directed.
Make the sauce
Add all of the sauce ingredients(except for the tapioca starch and some reserved coconut milk) to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk everything together until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together reserved coconut milk and tapioca starch until a smooth slurry forms. Slowly whisk this into the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. You should notice the sauce thicken rather quickly.
Combine everything together
Combine the mushrooms, drained pasta, and sauce together and mix until everything has been evenly coated.
Check out this video!
Feelin’ for some pasta? I got you:
Super Simple & Fresh Avocado Pesto Pasta
10-Minute Truffle Pasta
- 8 oz pasta
- 20 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 16-oz can coconut milk (reserve ¼ cup)
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1-2 tbsp truffle powder
- 1 tsp 21 seasoning *see notes for substitutions
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch (mixed with reserved coconut millk)
- salt/pepper to taste
Cook the pasta
- Cook pasta as directed. Strain and set aside until you're ready to mix everything together.
Cook the mushrooms
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, add the mushrooms and fry for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
Make the sauce
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine the reserved ¼ a cup of coconut milk and 3 tbsp tapioca starch in a small bowl until a smooth slurry forms.
- Once the sauce is almost bubbling, slowly whisk in the tapioca starch slurry until the sauce thickens and there are no clumps.
Stir everything together
- Add the pasta and sauce to the pan with the mushrooms and stir until evenly coated.
- Pasta: use any kind you’d like.
- Coconut Milk: you can use an unsweetened/unflavored plant milk, but it may not have the same richness.
- 21 Seasoning: any all-purpose, salt-free mix should work.
- Tapioca Starch: cornstarch or all-purpose flour.