Gooooooooood morning, my coffee lovers! Or good afternoon? Whatever time of day it is for you, here’s a decadent, nutritious, and filling smoothie with an added caffeine boost.
This has been my go-to smoothie for years now. There’s something about the combination of blueberries and almond butter in a smoothie that I find sooo delicious. With a spark of cold brew, this combo becomes even more decadent and elevated. It’s a perfectly filling and ridiculously delicious smoothie for those hustle-and-go mornings.
How to make a Blueberry Cold Brew Smoothie
This 7-ingredient smoothie is:
Pop all of the ingredients in a blender & blend until smooth!
That’s it. Hallelujah. The ingredients you’ll be putting in a blender include:
- Cold Brew Concentrate: You can find this in a large shelft-stable container at some groceries stores. I get mine from Trader Joe’s. You could also use one or two shots of espresso here, but you might want to give it a few minutes to cool down first!
- Blueberries: You might be questioning the combination of blueberries and coffee, but trust me on this one – it’s great. Feel free to use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Frozen Banana: Frozen bananas help to make the smoothie more thick and creamy. If you don’t have a frozen one on hand, toss in one that’s room temp!
- Kale: This is optional, but it’s a great way to sneak in some greens. Feel free to swap it out for spinach or any other greens that you enjoy.
- Plant Milk: I used almond milk, but go ahead and use whatever type of plant milk you enjoy.
- Protein Powder: I use the plant-based vanilla protein powder from Garden of Life. Use whatever you’ve got!
- Almond Butter: For additional creaminess. Toss it in the blender to thicken the smoothie up, or place a spoonful on top of the finished smoothie when you’re ready to drink it.
More simple smoothie recipes!
Blueberry Cold Brew Smoothie
- ½ cup cold-brew concentrate
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼-½ cup kale
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.